Sunday, December 20, 2020

Auditions - Slot 3 - Barbecue by Robert O'Hara

Barbecue by Robert O'Hara

Directed by Aaron Andrade

Audition submissions are due by 12/28 and can be emailed to Aaron at aandrade@ric.edu.

Rehearsals will begin via ZOOM when spring semester starts.

Proposed filming dates = February 27th - March 7th


If you'd like to read the whole show, here is a PDF of the script!


Character List:

  • James T x2
  • Lillie Anne x2
  • Marie x2
  • Aldean x2
  • Barbara- B&W

Instructions: Please film from the waist up. Slate (Name, year, height) and the character you will

be reading for. Film against a solid colored background, that’s free of clutter. Please dress

casual. Monologue options are below.


Audition monologues to film:

James T

This is the thing that I don’t seem to understand. Why? On god’s green earth. Do you actually

believe that we still give a damn? I can’t seem to wrap my brain cells around that particularNo... No... No- Because its not about that. You wanna make it about that. But it ain’t gonna be

about that as long as I’m here. And I’m here. Now you gat me out here this morning. To secure

this place. And I’m here. Now we know she’s a fool. We know that she gonna get up in here and

act the plum fool. Of course she gonna be liquored up. Liquored up. Cracked up. Something

Uped. She will be Uped on something. You know that. I know that. And that's the problem. Why

do we give a damn anymore. This is not about Mama. Mama didn’t give a damn when she was

here and now that she’s dead everybody wanna bring her back up out the grave to say what the

hell she would do if she was here. She ain’t here. She Dead.


LILLIE ANNE

James T I’m not gonna dance with you over this all day today. Now if you want a pat on your

gatdamn back for comin today then come on over here and I will pat you on your gatdamn back

but I don’t have the energy nor the interest in rustlin and tumblin with you over being here. You

and me both know you ain’t gat nuthin else to do this morning and therefore the least you can

achieve in your trailer park living asshole of a life is to help your sister in her time of need.


MARIE

We was all at the house on Baltimore. And Mama had just started batterin’ some chicken and

Big Bob came runnin in shoutin’- “HE KILLED MAMA HE KILLED MAMA!” And I was like “WHO

KILLED WHO??!!” And Big Bob was like “WHOOKIE JUST KILLED MAMA!!” Then all of a

sudden the rest of Big Bob’s brothers and sisters come running into the damn house with Blood

all over their arms and stuff and I’m like “WAIT A GATDAMN MINUTE WHATS GOIN’ ONS???”

(laughing) And they all started talkin real fast real quick and we all ran out to the porch and they

pointed across the street at their house and


ADLEAN.

... Barbara. I remember how you use to come in and... tickle my feet in the morning. You knew I

never liked getting up for school so you said you’d wake me up with a laugh. And I know

sometimes I’d bust you in the jaw with a shoe, but the ticklin’ grew on me and I started to expect

it. Well sis, I need my little tickle alarm clock back in my life. I would like to leave this earth

knowing that you had gotten your life back together... put your self together in a whole different

way without all those drugs and drink. It makes me very sad to have to be riding through

downtown with my grandkids and see you standing on the street corner after having shitted on

yourself.


BLACK MOVIE STAR BARBARA.

Its going to be a great movie... And I’m not just saying that because I’m writing, directing,

producing, starring, and singing the title song. I really think it’s going to be a contender for the

Big One. Best Picture. I mean the scene of your Intervention in this park... Awards. Buckets. Of

Awards. ...Half dozen Naked Golden Men in my arms…


WHITE BARBARA.

You know what, I’ve sat here for the last several minutes as you rattled on and on about

whatever crazy shit you were rattling on and on about- telling me I’m not believable, you’re not

black and I’m a crack head alcoholic Ho... Well Ms. MOVIE STAR SANGA, MY LIFE is

Believable!!! Because its True. Its YOUR LIFE that ain’t believable. You come here like a fairy

tale in your company jet with your “walk over there” so you can commune get into your zone for

some Awards- you want Real Talk... here’s some Real Talk... Fuck You Bitch!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to let the world know about Doctor AKHERE the Great spell caster that brought back my husband to me when i thought all hope was lost. Doctor AKHERE used his powerful spell to put a smile on my face by bringing back my man with his spell, at first i thought i was dreaming when my husband came back to me on his knees begging me to forgive him and accept him back and even since then he loves me more than i ever expected so i made a vow to my self the i will let the World know about Doctor AKHERE because he is a God on earth. Do you have problems in your relationship ? have your partner broke up with you and you still love and want him back ? Do you have problem with your finance ? or do you need help of any kind then contact Doctor AKHERE today for i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you just as he helped me. Doctor AKHERE email is: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete