This is very exciting -- we have three candidates for Theatre Organization President.
Please look over this information and cast your vote at this Link.
PLEASE VOTE BY END OF DAY MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2026!
(If there are any issues with accessing the link, please email Casey Seymour Kim at jwalrad1@ric.edu.)
Here are their names, in alphabetical order, and a brief paragraph about why they are running:
Ashley Ouellette: Hi, my name is Ashley Ouellette and I’m a performance theater major! As a performance theater major, I’m hoping to host events like mixers, social events, and play readings, so people have a chance to learn more about different plays and styles! My goal is to make everyone feel comfortable and valued in this department.”
Devin Rosa: Hello I am Devin Rosa I would like to be President of the executive board. I have a passion for acting. I was on the executive board in high school and was treasurer of the CCRI theatre student led group. I am excited with the potential to work with everyone on the board and share some of the ideas I have with ways to help us get noticed more (like karaoke events for event) and to make sure everyone is heard equally. I hope you will consider voting for me and thank you.
Alivia Verasammy: Hello! I am Alivia Verasammy. You may not know me yet, as I’m a transfer student from CCRI, where I earned my associate's degree in Theatre. I’m excited to continue my theatre education here at RIC and get involved in the community as much as possible. Throughout my college career, I’ve worked in a variety of areas of theatre, including management, technical theatre (with a focus in lighting), and performing. I also served as the CCRI Players’ Secretary last year during our fight to keep the Players student-run. Currently, I’m working on Failure: A Love Story as an ASM, which has been a great way for me to get acclimated to RIC Theatre as quickly as possible. I have always had a love for leadership and for being involved in bringing a production to life. Whether I am performing, working backstage, or helping organize a team, I enjoy taking initiative and finding ways to make things run smoothly while staying fun, productive, and safe. I want to bring that same energy to the theatre organization and help create a community where everyone feels comfortable contributing, creating, and being heard. I may not have many ideas right now, but I am beyond excited to see what we can do!
No comments:
Post a Comment