Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Small Mouth Sounds Audition Info!

Auditions for Small Mouth Sounds:

Auditions are Sunday, December 4th from 2-5pm
Callbacks will be Sunday, December 11th at 7pm
Rehearsals for this show start in January and performances are February 22-26th.


Audition Timeslot Sign-up Sheet:

Audition Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdvmwywS3KsU0bMgJWxOOpGQsvgVYFsccyTeiBcA5WH0Kw8PQ/viewform?usp=sf_link


A Note about Working on this Play:

This play is about a handful of people who attend a therapeutic, meditative retreat that requires silence. As a result, much of the play is conducted in silence.

Each of the characters has some major issues that need to be dealt with in their life – they have all experienced some form of trauma that has affected their daily life and that they seek to heal. This means that there will, of course, be moments of sincerity and earnestness – but there will also be lighter, goofy moments. This play contains humor as well as drama.


Audition Material: Auditions will have two parts.

First, auditioners should present one of the following two monologues (you don't have to have it memorize it, but be familiar enough with it to be able to look up comfortably from the paper, tablet, or phone):

            1.) So yeah, I got divorced. Then both of my parents died, six months apart. I started drinking. I had thoughts of suicide that were, well pretty much constant? Then another miracle, I got into the program, got sober, stopped wanting to kill myself - but after that, ironically, my sponsor killed himself- by walking traffic on the Long Island Expressway. That was last year. The same thing actually happened to my dog. Hit by a car, I mean. That was a month later. I don't mean to equate the two. I just think it's weird, the, like synchronicities, and patterns and stuff that are everywhere, you know if you look at them. I have my health. Except for the intermittent short-term memory loss. Which, given everything, may actually be a blessing... 

OR

         2.) What are you doing? We're not leaving - come on. That is so - stupid. I didn't write that for you to see - it's a stupid - it's not even real - it's not what I meant - it's not that I want to be rid of YOU, I just... I went for a walk. I cleared my head, I feel so much better. I think I was just, it's been so hard for so long. Since even before - you got sick - It's hard on me too. At home, it's you know. And then I go to work and I mean, I sit there all day, like absorbing my clients. Listening to their fucking problems and I have no way to - I am up to my eyeballs. I am - you are not only one this is happening to. And sometimes... I just want to tell everyone to go FUCK THEMSELVES... Okay. You're right, let's go. Let's go - check into a hotel. There's got to be a cute B&B in town. Order some room service, bottle of wine, see what's On Demand... Who needs enlightenment, let's have merlot. 


Second, without speaking, communicate the following: 

Do you want to eat?
No? Are you sure?
It's really good... 
You have to eat something. 
I'm worried about you. 
This is so frustrating!

Thank you!
Casey SK!

No comments:

Post a Comment