Friday, March 24, 2023

Resources from Rebecca Maxfield

Hello all --

Rebecca Maxfield sent us a great list that could serve as a starting point for anyone who is looking for plays and other resources:






Rebecca also invited students to follow HeadTrickTheatre on Facebook, or to write to her at headtricktheatre@gmail.com

Regarding the links, Rebecca writes: 
"I don't remember how I heard of Agnes de Castro. It might have been in the Cambridge Companion to Lesbian Literature and then I went out and read it.
The Lucky Chance, our March 2020 show, is in a book of Restoration comedies by women playwrights that I'd picked up secondhand at some poimt.
I'd seen the Goblin Market musical in college but don't remember how I started thinking about it again, or how I learned about this stage version of Mrs. Dalloway, or about (George Sands') Gabriel.

All I can say is that looking for anthologies/lists or googling stuff ("early modern women playwrights" or "black plays before 1950"or "pre-1900 lesbian theatre" or whatever) is a good starting point but that you basically just have to keep doing it and doing it until you find stuff that you're into!

If students happen to have weird specific queries I can see if there's anything on my radar, even if it's mot something I would have wanted to direct/produce myself!"


So there you go, folks. Another great resource in our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment