Sunday, January 3, 2021

Audition Notice -- Growing Stage -- 26 Pebbles

  

26 Pebbles by Eric Ulloa 

Directed by: Rachel N Terceira 

Audition Information:  

Casting: 4 Females/ 2 Males / 4 Swings 

Trigger Warning: This show discusses the details of the tragic Sandy  Hook Elementary School Massacre. Each character in this show is  connected to the tragedy in some way. Some are parents of students in  the school, some are first responders to the event, and some are the  clergy who endlessly served the community. You must be comfortable  speaking about gun violence, mental health, and the victims of this event.  


Required:  

1. Please fill out the audition form below: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeoPHZzqVdjX-ho0XRKOKk2542CqcpKwJzFdabVgiu-0aj-SA/viewform

2. A self-tape of this required monologue

“Twenty-six pebbles. That’s exactly what happened. Each one of those drops in a pond, and you know, it just emanates out. The ripples, the vibrations…..it's life. This stuff spreads.” 

3. A self-tape of one monologue below, your choice, please tape in front of a solid background.  

Carrie: My little one had an ear infection, and we had a 9:45 appointment at the doctors office up the street. The doctor came in late and said, “I'm sorry, all of this going on at Sandy Hook.” And then you know he examined my daughter and kinda moved on. So we went to the waiting room, in the meantime, and got another phone call that it was, I think Sandy Hook School. And there were other moms  in the waiting room and it really didn’t dawn on me what was going on until one of the moms said to me,” It’s in the school.” Um, and that’s  when I just kinda thought,”Oh my God.” So um, they just said good luck and I said… 

(she gets choked up and pauses) 

“I got two girls in that school.” 

Yolie: I felt, well maybe I could absorb some of this sadness or maybe I could deflect some of this by just standing in this like, vigil. Sort of like this silent vigil. I woke up and thought, “Oh my god, if this is what my town is now known for, I just couldn’t bare it.” And what was this? I  was compelled and I had this dream and I said, I woke up and I said, “I have to go make a sign. I have to go make a sign and go sit out somewhere.” 

So I called my friend Vicky and said to her, "I'm gonna make a sign and its going to say ’I am love, I am Newtown’ and I'm going to sit at the  highway exit. Exit ten. So that it’s the first thing they see when they  come in and the last thing they see when they leave." So, me and my daughter made this sign. 


Joe: I stood in line for the principal’s funeral and had to miss class. Here I am thinking, “It’s a town away, I'm going to go and pay my respects.” 

I had a card I had prepared, um, to leave for the family, a-a-a note I had written, and I got there a bit late. There were news cameras, that weren’t allowed to be up close, and lots of police, and the line went out the building, around the block, down the coroner and were talking about, like rural blocks. You know, like, a mile, there’s a mile-long line easily, so I went to the end of the line and I stood there with my hands in my pockets freezing my ass off and I wouldn’t leave.  

It's-- that was tough, that was really tough. And I was in and out in less than five minutes and waited in line for more than four hours. But I shook her husband's hand, and there was uh, you know, lots of sadness.  There is no way to-- no other way to put it. 

Darren: Then they said there was a no second shooter and the shooter inside was dead. Um, and they said, they uh, he was --

(sniffles) 

He was found dead in a classroom, found in a classroom. 

And at that point I, uh,I broke down. I mean, I went out into the yard  and just picked up the first stick I could find and just beat the fuck out of a tree, because I knew that was the worst case, shoo-shoo-shooter killing himself. I knew he didn’t just walk in and shoot himself in front of the  kids. And I- 

(sniffles) 

Couldn’t imagine- 

(his voice breaks with emotion) 

Why? I knew with that, you know, the information, there was more  then three- 

(Sniffles) 

Him being in the classroom. And the numbers, we just watched in horror, as it went from a handful…to a dozen….twenty. 

(beat) 

And I thought, we’ve topped Columbine.



4. An updated resume and Headshot. *Headshot does not need to be professionally done, just please be sure to include a headshot of you reflecting your current hairstyle/ facial hair, no filters and done with proper lighting please.  

Please submit all required materials no later than January 19th at  midnight. Submissions must be sent to BOTH emails below.  

rterceira_3839@email.ric.edu 

mholahan_9332@email.ric.edu 


Callbacks will be held if needed January 21st via zoom.  Cast list will be posted by January 23rd.


Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I want to let the world know about Doctor AKHERE the Great spell caster that brought back my husband to me when i thought all hope was lost. Doctor AKHERE used his powerful spell to put a smile on my face by bringing back my man with his spell, at first i thought i was dreaming when my husband came back to me on his knees begging me to forgive him and accept him back and even since then he loves me more than i ever expected so i made a vow to my self the i will let the World know about Doctor AKHERE because he is a God on earth. Do you have problems in your relationship ? have your partner broke up with you and you still love and want him back ? Do you have problem with your finance ? or do you need help of any kind then contact Doctor AKHERE today for i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you just as he helped me. Doctor AKHERE email is: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete